DIY Printable Easter Grass!
I recently shopped for Easter, and was really surprised how quickly things added up. This was despite shopping at Dollar Tree and Target. What shocked me the most was the cost of Easter grass. I spent $1.50 for each 1.5 oz bag of Easter grass at Target. Ouch. There has to be a better way, right? Of course!
So, I came up with a pretty easy way to make my own. There are two templates to print below, or use any paper to recycle like newsprint, construction paper or scrapbook paper.
For printable PDF’s-
- Print on both sides of the piece of paper
- Trim any white borders off the page
Easter Grass Instructions-
- Fold into 1/4″ strips to form an accordion
- Flatten accordion as much as possible
- Cut 1/8″ strips from accordion with scissors
- Gently unfold strips and place in basket
A single piece of paper yields about a handful of grass. It would take about 3 sheets for a small basket, or 4-5 for a larger one.
Viola! Are you getting crafty this Easter? Let me know in the comments!