Top 5 Tips to Save Money at Disney World
I’m going to name the top 5 best tips to save the big bucks on your next Walt Disney World. These tips will help save you the most for an upcoming trip to Disney World.
- Rent a Disney timeshare! Disney has a timeshare offering called Disney Vacation Club (DVC). Owners who can’t make it in time to Disney World choose to rent their timeshare rather than let it expire. You get all of the benefits of being at a deluxe villa-category resort without the major cost. Transactions are on a person-to-person basis rather than through Disney. The cost is based off of a point system rather than a selected week in a traditional timeshare. For more information check out David’s Vacation Rentals.
- Purchase discounted tickets. Discount tickets are notoriously hard to come by. If something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Purchasing through a reputable (and Disney-authorized) ticket vendor is key. Take a look at Undercover Tourist or Best of Orlando
- Pre-purchase souvenirs. Sales at Disney World are difficult to find. However, DisneyShopping.com has sales practically every day of the week, and features authorized Disney Parks merchandise. Pre-purchasing can save a bundle over prices in the theme parks. Big box stores like Walmart and Target often have t-shirts and cute Disney outfits for a very low cost as well.
- Free activities! There are a ton of things to do at Disney World which do not cost a dime. Like viewing animals on the savanna at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, or take an evening stroll watching entertainers on Disney’s Boardwalk. Check out our page “Free Things to do at Disney”
- Get yourself an Orlando MagiCard. The Orlando MagiCard is totally free and entitles you to a variety of discounts at hotels, restaurants, shopping and other fun activities just outside of the Disney World gates. Up for an airboat ride?